Carbonnieux is among the oldest estates of the Bordeaux vineyards.
Dating back to the 13th
century, its history is intertwined with that of the city of
Bordeaux. Located on a high point of Léognan, the chateau overlooks
its 95 hectare vineyard with its four large towers. The vineyard
surrounds the chateau and is
planted with equal amounts of red
and white varieties.
Its Perigord-style architecture, dating
back to the Middle-Age, hides a splendid courtyard in the heart of
its fortified walls.
well-known figures have contributed to the development and notoriety
of the domaine : the de Ferron and Bouchereau families, Benedictine
monks,... and the Perrin family for the past three generations.
Carbonnieux received the title of « grand cru classé »
in 1959 for both its white and red wines.
CURRENTLY : Photo exhibition "vineyard and wine", free to public access